i was wondering if any dancers among us would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire to help me with my final college project
For my final project at college I am making a fashion garment based on ballet, however I am also looking at decay and how fabric disintegrates over time as well as looking at the human body and different textures. At the end of this project I hope to make a high-end innovative garment. If you wish to view some of my previous work then you can have a look at my online portfolio at: http://rikkibattledesigns.weebly.com [I am always adding bits and pieces up there] or just go on to my profile on hear ;P
As I do not dance my self, I have created this questionnaire to help me get a better understanding of certain elements of ballet such as injuries and costumes. These questions should only take up a couple of minuets of your time.
1. What age did you first take up ballet?
2. What is your gender?
3. Why did you first take up ballet?
4. How long have/ did you dance for?
5. Are you en pointe and if so at which age did you become so?
6. At the height of your dancing how many hours a week did you dance? [including practice and performance)
7. How often do/ did you have to replace or repair elements of your dance gear dew to wear and tear?
8. Have you ever-encountered injuries dew to dance, if so what were they?
9. Have any of these injures affected your ability to dance, if so what ones?
10. Did you find dancing in your production costumes restricted your moves at any time?
11. Have you ever found costumes uncomfortable or painful to wear?
12. If you have seen the film “the black swan” what was your opinion of Nina’s self destructive behaviour dew to the pressure of her role?
13. Have you ever known of this or any other self-destructive behaviour to happen to a dancer? If so what happened?
Thank you for your time.
Just line up the pages perfectly and tape them together. It’s kind of like putting a p…
I purchased my first printable pattern recently and have yet to put it to use. I plan o…
I decided to re-do the skirt in a more A-line shape. Now it does not crease as much whe…
There are a variety of different sheer fabrics that can feature printed (or flocked) po…
A standard penetration test is a way for scientists to get an idea of how resistant the…
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.