i was wondering if any dancers among us would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire to help me with my final college project
For my final project at college I am making a fashion garment based on ballet, however I am also looking at decay and how fabric disintegrates over time as well as looking at the human body and different textures. At the end of this project I hope to make a high-end innovative garment. If you wish to view some of my previous work then you can have a look at my online portfolio at: http://rikkibattledesigns.weebly.com [I am always adding bits and pieces up there] or just go on to my profile on hear ;P
As I do not dance my self, I have created this questionnaire to help me get a better understanding of certain elements of ballet such as injuries and costumes. These questions should only take up a couple of minuets of your time.
1. What age did you first take up ballet?
2. What is your gender?
3. Why did you first take up ballet?
4. How long have/ did you dance for?
5. Are you en pointe and if so at which age did you become so?
6. At the height of your dancing how many hours a week did you dance? [including practice and performance)
7. How often do/ did you have to replace or repair elements of your dance gear dew to wear and tear?
8. Have you ever-encountered injuries dew to dance, if so what were they?
9. Have any of these injures affected your ability to dance, if so what ones?
10. Did you find dancing in your production costumes restricted your moves at any time?
11. Have you ever found costumes uncomfortable or painful to wear?
12. If you have seen the film “the black swan” what was your opinion of Nina’s self destructive behaviour dew to the pressure of her role?
13. Have you ever known of this or any other self-destructive behaviour to happen to a dancer? If so what happened?
Thank you for your time.
Rex Fabrics in Miami carries couture, imported and menswear. Quite pricey, but very fi…
Check out this page with all the sizes/sizing charts. At the top of each pdf, you will…
It’s true that measurements would be best, but how kind of you to make someone a gift! …
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by triangles bumping out at every seam? Do y…
What puzzles me to this day is who (which manufacturor) first named this particular fa…
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.