i was wondering if any dancers among us would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire to help me with my final college project
For my final project at college I am making a fashion garment based on ballet, however I am also looking at decay and how fabric disintegrates over time as well as looking at the human body and different textures. At the end of this project I hope to make a high-end innovative garment. If you wish to view some of my previous work then you can have a look at my online portfolio at: http://rikkibattledesigns.weebly.com [I am always adding bits and pieces up there] or just go on to my profile on hear ;P
As I do not dance my self, I have created this questionnaire to help me get a better understanding of certain elements of ballet such as injuries and costumes. These questions should only take up a couple of minuets of your time.
1. What age did you first take up ballet?
2. What is your gender?
3. Why did you first take up ballet?
4. How long have/ did you dance for?
5. Are you en pointe and if so at which age did you become so?
6. At the height of your dancing how many hours a week did you dance? [including practice and performance)
7. How often do/ did you have to replace or repair elements of your dance gear dew to wear and tear?
8. Have you ever-encountered injuries dew to dance, if so what were they?
9. Have any of these injures affected your ability to dance, if so what ones?
10. Did you find dancing in your production costumes restricted your moves at any time?
11. Have you ever found costumes uncomfortable or painful to wear?
12. If you have seen the film “the black swan” what was your opinion of Nina’s self destructive behaviour dew to the pressure of her role?
13. Have you ever known of this or any other self-destructive behaviour to happen to a dancer? If so what happened?
Thank you for your time.
Burda fit runs quite true to measurements. If I recall, the last time the measurements …
The Sewing Studio has a NYC location-check their listings for classes and events!
Bias cuts of fabric stretch. That is how woven fabrics can be made to seem to have some…
For me it is well drafted and the design is cool. Love it. –
You can add either a lace or just piece of cloth. –
Add a flash of color to your leggings for spring!
Check out Kate Middleton's stand-out spring dress
Pattern of the Week
You’ll want to wear this dress to tiki parties, spring weddings, and afternoon dates...
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.