Although a seasoned and experienced needlewoman, I was flummoxed by this pattern. I made style B – sleeveless with a yoke neck for my daughter, and thought it was odd when I had to gather the main dress fabric up as tight as it would go in order to fit it to the back yoke. Poor girl. When we tried it on, the back yoke wouldn’t even meet across her back it was so small.

The shoulders were also an odd shape, kicking up at the outer edges rather than sitting on her shoulders.

I am going to have to unpick the yoke (that will be fun as it was made in black fabric), and recut the yoke adding at least another two inches to both back yoke sections to get them to meet. I am also going to have to reshape the shoulders to remove the unwanted frill…..

She is a size 10,and we cut it according to the pattern piece, but even if we’d gone for a larger size that would only have given us another 2 or 3mm, not the 2" that is needed.

Having done a search, I cannot find this pattern on the website, so am wondering if it has been withdrawn because of this error. We only bought it from the shop around 4 weeks ago.

Is there a correction to this pattern somewhere?

Missing

4 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Missing

Aug 13, 2012, 07.53 PMby Alijaybee

Anyone?

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Aug 13, 2012, 08.23 PMby katexxxxxx

I am not familiar with the pattern. Can you post pics of it and what your version looked like before you start any major surgery?

• Missing

Aug 18, 2012, 01.13 PMby Alijaybee

How do I post pictures on here?

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Aug 19, 2012, 09.44 AMby katexxxxxx

I don’t I use something like Photobucket for discussion pics.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/patterns/topics/error-on-dress-shirt-7200--2