Ultguide_webbanner_218x126

Learn How SIMPLE
Digital Patterns Really Are!

The Ultimate Guide to Digital Sewing Patterns eBook + a FREE Skirt Pattern!

Hey guys! The instructions for the collar on this dress have totally got me stuck! You sew one interfaced piece on, and then the invisible zipper, and then the other piece of the collar. How are you supposed to turn it out?! Please HELP!

00c077f2-2f1a-4ffd-9a42-cab2aee7a9f7_large

1 Post Sign in to add a post

• Img_2020_large

Feb 8, 2018, 03.51 PMby Deanna31

The instructions are just a guideline, if you would feel more comfortable doing it another way, then don’t worry about the instructions.

It sounds like they are sewing it the hard way. The easiest way is to attach the outside of the collar to the dress, then sew the interfaced part of the collar onto the outside collar (at the neck), then overlock the inside edge of the interfaced collar (that hasn’t been sewn), sew the zip on, fold the interfaced part of the collar over the top part of the zip and sew, turn inside out, then dip stitch at the base of the collar (attaching the interfaced part of the collar).

I hope you can understand me

2 Replies
    • 00c077f2-2f1a-4ffd-9a42-cab2aee7a9f7_large

Feb 12, 2018, 07.01 AMby abbyr

Thank you very much for your response! I was able to figure out the collar…after three frustrating attempts! I had never sewn a collar before and with the pattern having no pictures to guide me I felt completely lost. But in the end it worked out, I finished the dress! Thanks again!

• Img_2020_large

Feb 12, 2018, 03.02 PMby Deanna31

No worries :) Sometimes its good to unpick an item of clothing similar and find out how they put it together. Glad you got there after all

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts