Please comment on the blog article associated with the giveaway post. Comments on this discussion topic do not qualify as entering the giveaway. The full list of articles can be found here.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. One qualifier per household. One comment per member. You need not be present to win.
The Contest: From 11/30/11 through 01/03/12 BurdaStyle, Inc. will promote, by means of blog and newsletter, the opportunity to comment on blog posts to win a grand prize as detailed below.
Eligibility: Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for BurdaStyle, Inc. or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
How to enter: Leave a comment on the blog article announcing giveaway product prize.
1. How to win: How to Enter: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account provided in the member account, and proof of being the authorized account holder may be required and the decision of the Sponsor will be final. Individual must be a BurdaStyle member to comment and to be eligible to win, and entries not containing a valid email address will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected comments that are not received in a timely manner, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error, or due to inaccessibility of the Internet or portions thereof. All commemts become property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Participant.
1. Privacy: Information provided to enter the Contest will not be sold to third parties. The Sponsor, its affiliates, and companies supplying prizes (or parts thereof) in connection with this Contest may from time to time contact entrants via email concerning the promotion of their products or services and, by participating in the Contest, each entrant consents to receiving such advertisements or other solicitations via email (entrants will have the opportunity to opt-out from receiving such email marketing communications upon the receipt of the first one).
2. Automated Entries Prohibited: No mechanically reproduced, incomplete, forged, software generated or automated multiple entries will be accepted.
3. Submission Selection: Winner will be declared by the Sponsor through random selection. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. The winners will be notified by email within five days of their selection. The winner will have seven days from the time email notification was sent to them to accept the prize, which acceptance shall be given by email to answers@BurdaStyle.com. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received or read by a potential winner for any reason. The Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected notification, or for a winner’s efforts to claim a prize. If for any reason a potential winner cannot be reached despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, or a prize is not accepted within seven days of the first notification attempt made by Sponsor, or the potential winner is found to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Rules, that potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and Sponsor will select a winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
4. Chosen Comment: Chosen comment will be awarded the prize as specified in product description.
5. General Submission Acceptance Conditions:. Prizes are not transferable and not assignable. The winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes and fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any federal or state or other income tax.
6. Release: Acceptance of a prize constitutes the prizewinner’s permission for Sponsor to use prizewinner’s name for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization. Entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the Sponsoring Entities”), shall not be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or from entrants’ acceptance or receipt of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or who otherwise takes actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
7. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.
All comments must be received on or before the date stated in each related blog article. Decision of the judges and BurdaStyle, Inc. is final. The winner will be notified by email and must meet all eligibility requirements.
By entering, each contestant agrees to be bound by the rules. BurdaStyle, Inc. its promotional agents and Contest co-sponsors are not responsible for illegible, lost, delayed or misdirected mail, errors in faxes or shipments, busy phone signals, or incomplete entries.
The prize is non-transferable. There may be no cash or other substitutions of prizes by winner. However, BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value in the event the above prize is unavailable for any reason. Individual, parent or legal guardian of winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes with respect to entire prize.
Winner or Parent or legal guardian of Grand Prize winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification Form (“the Form”) that: a) releases, indemnifies and holds harmless BurdaStyle, Inc. its parent, affiliated, subsidiary and successor companies, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, advertising agencies and promotional sponsors (collectively the “Release”) from and against any and all harm, expense, liability or injury that may be sustained relating to or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize; and b) authorizes the Releasee to use the winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
Prize will not be released until BurdaStyle, Inc. receives all required documents. Failure of winner to return the Forms within the required timeframe will result in automatic forfeiture of any prizes and all such prizes shall be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the winner or parent or legal guardian of the winner forfeiting prize will sign a Prize Forfeit Form and return to BurdaStyle, Inc. within ten (10) days of receiving the Form.
Unforeseen Events: BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to change this Contest at its sole discretion at any time that BurdaStyle, Inc. become aware of any circumstances or occurrence which would materially affect the Contest security or fairness. BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to announce any Contest rules changes over the air, in print or posters. (BurdaStyle, Inc. is not responsible for the inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason.
This is really best video to give professional touch to your scarf.
Which jacket did are you making? Do you have the design number and the month?
I would call that a handkerchief hem skirt. I think they were briefly popular in the 8…
One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of fakes out there – in varying qualit…
Oh ya, unfortunately those look like typical Burda instructions. Is there some particu…
Sewing & Techniques
Introducing our popular Basic Bodice and Skirt Slopers now available in plus sizes!
You could win a social spotlight or full year subscription.
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.