Please comment on the blog article associated with the giveaway post. Comments on this discussion topic do not qualify as entering the giveaway. The full list of articles can be found here

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. One qualifier per household. One comment per member. You need not be present to win.
The Contest: From 11/30/10 through 01/03/11 BurdaStyle, Inc. will promote, by means of blog and newsletter, the opportunity to comment on blog posts to win a grand prize as detailed below.
Eligibility: Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for BurdaStyle, Inc. or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
How to enter: Leave a comment on the blog article announcing giveaway product prize.
1. How to win: How to Enter: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account provided in the member account, and proof of being the authorized account holder may be required and the decision of the Sponsor will be final. Individual must be a BurdaStyle member to comment and to be eligible to win, and entries not containing a valid email address will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected comments that are not received in a timely manner, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error, or due to inaccessibility of the Internet or portions thereof. All commemts become property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Participant.
1. Privacy: Information provided to enter the Contest will not be sold to third parties. The Sponsor, its affiliates, and companies supplying prizes (or parts thereof) in connection with this Contest may from time to time contact entrants via email concerning the promotion of their products or services and, by participating in the Contest, each entrant consents to receiving such advertisements or other solicitations via email (entrants will have the opportunity to opt-out from receiving such email marketing communications upon the receipt of the first one).
2. Automated Entries Prohibited: No mechanically reproduced, incomplete, forged, software generated or automated multiple entries will be accepted.
3. Submission Selection: Winner will be declared by the Sponsor through random selection. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. The winners will be notified by email within five days of their selection. The winner will have seven days from the time email notification was sent to them to accept the prize, which acceptance shall be given by email to answers@BurdaStyle.com. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received or read by a potential winner for any reason. The Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected notification, or for a winner’s efforts to claim a prize. If for any reason a potential winner cannot be reached despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, or a prize is not accepted within seven days of the first notification attempt made by Sponsor, or the potential winner is found to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Rules, that potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and Sponsor will select a winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
4. Chosen Comment: Chosen comment will be awarded the prize as specified in product description.
5. General Submission Acceptance Conditions:. Prizes are not transferable and not assignable. The winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes and fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any federal or state or other income tax.
6. Release: Acceptance of a prize constitutes the prizewinner’s permission for Sponsor to use prizewinner’s name for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization. Entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the Sponsoring Entities”), shall not be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or from entrants’ acceptance or receipt of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or who otherwise takes actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
7. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.

All comments must be received on or before the date stated in each related blog article. Decision of the judges and BurdaStyle, Inc. is final. The winner will be notified by email and must meet all eligibility requirements.
By entering, each contestant agrees to be bound by the rules. BurdaStyle, Inc. its promotional agents and Contest co-sponsors are not responsible for illegible, lost, delayed or misdirected mail, errors in faxes or shipments, busy phone signals, or incomplete entries.
The prize is non-transferable. There may be no cash or other substitutions of prizes by winner. However, BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value in the event the above prize is unavailable for any reason. Individual, parent or legal guardian of winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes with respect to entire prize.
Winner or Parent or legal guardian of Grand Prize winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification Form (“the Form”) that: a) releases, indemnifies and holds harmless BurdaStyle, Inc. its parent, affiliated, subsidiary and successor companies, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, advertising agencies and promotional sponsors (collectively the “Release”) from and against any and all harm, expense, liability or injury that may be sustained relating to or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize; and b) authorizes the Releasee to use the winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
Prize will not be released until BurdaStyle, Inc. receives all required documents. Failure of winner to return the Forms within the required timeframe will result in automatic forfeiture of any prizes and all such prizes shall be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the winner or parent or legal guardian of the winner forfeiting prize will sign a Prize Forfeit Form and return to BurdaStyle, Inc. within ten (10) days of receiving the Form.
Unforeseen Events: BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to change this Contest at its sole discretion at any time that BurdaStyle, Inc. become aware of any circumstances or occurrence which would materially affect the Contest security or fairness. BurdaStyle, Inc. reserves the right to announce any Contest rules changes over the air, in print or posters. (BurdaStyle, Inc. is not responsible for the inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason.

Profile_large

92 Posts Sign in to add a post

Dec 21, 2010, 09.32 PMby dexez

I wanted to ask if the contest is international, the rules do not mention this…. ?

• Missing

Dec 21, 2010, 09.53 PMby dcsgrndma1

I have been sewing for over 25 years. New toys are always fun. A new sewing machine would be a great addition to the sewing room. How much would I spend on a sewing machine. If it had all the bells and whistles upwards of $6,000.00. Just figured out how to post a comment on this link. This is great. Keep up the good work. Looooove the Burda.

• Missing

Dec 21, 2010, 11.55 PMby sewgoes

I would love to win any of these items! I’ve been sewing for over 40 years & always could use new things. Thanks Merry Christmas!

• Missing

Dec 22, 2010, 12.30 AMby CarolinaRose

This would be like winning the lottery for me. I would pay whatever the price for this if I had the money at the time.

• Missing

Dec 22, 2010, 02.58 PMby claudanzer

I would spend $700 or so if I could – I would love to have a sturdier machine as well as one with more decorative stitches . . . one day!

• Vw-dungarees_large

Dec 25, 2010, 05.17 PMby amn-1

• Missing

Dec 28, 2010, 08.25 PMby glendalenurse

From some of my female friends, because I am the only man I know that sews, I have learned that a serger is a machine of inestimable use that will save me time and energy in a variety of projects. I sew for myself, because I find it increasingly difficult to find cloths in the retail market that fit my form, and I sew for my daughters, because I love to create things for them. After acquiring a serger my next puzzle will be where oh where will I put it.

• Missing

Dec 28, 2010, 08.41 PMby norasgranddaughter

Mostly Amazon, but a variety of places depending on the item.

• April_6_010b_large

Dec 28, 2010, 08.46 PMby judyjrfm

I have really limited my shopping online in past bit mostly just ebay and using my stash. I have a janome sewing machine and just love it – excellent quality :)

• Missing

Dec 28, 2010, 09.32 PMby tinysteps

Going back to a Burda time before fashion bloggers, yes, I do have a favourite sewing personality – my grandmother, who took the time to teach me the basic sewing and designing skills, I still rely on today. Having grown up in Europe, I am hooked on the uniquely sleek and sophisticated Burda patterns, which provide endless opportunities to quickly alter a particular style into a creative one-of-a-kind garment. Thank you to all of you, who so freely share your talents and ideas.

• Missing

Dec 28, 2010, 10.40 PMby ozduchess

What a great competition! I love to surf the net drooling over fabric. Love fabric.com, hancocks, fat 1/4 shop. And especially love looking at the pattern sites (DD & I make clothes for grandies:)

• Missing

Dec 29, 2010, 12.17 AMby alicebyrne

I sew, mostly also knit, though rarely and crochet when a loop is required.

Sewed, just pajamas all shapes, and sizes colors bright. Surprise.

Ok, the formatting was lost in translation. :(

• Missing

Dec 29, 2010, 01.17 AMby miaflip26

I usually web shop to find the best total price, including shipping. Mostly buy on amazon, ebay, overstock.

• Missing

Dec 29, 2010, 07.19 PMby pfarrington79

I would love to see more accessory patterns. I love making bags, totes etc. These gifts are fantastic! The thread is beautiful and I love to quilt! I love your newsletters too! – pfarrington79@yahoo.com

• 48bfeac111d17a1f8f4531114b4bd4eec06ecf01_large

Dec 30, 2010, 10.05 AMby maxwell

I’m traveling a lot for work so I’d like to see more portable projects.

• Img_5751_large

Dec 30, 2010, 01.54 PMby hmcivor

What fantastic giveaways!

I’ve recently reclaimed my sewing space and created a dozen costumes for my daughter’s 4th birthday ~ my creative spirit was renewed in the process! I would love to see more children’s clothing, and possibly costuming ideas. The busyness of my work world had almost led me to forget how much fun sewing is!!!

Thanks for the inspirations!!!

• Missing

Dec 31, 2010, 10.26 PMby tievoli

Most definately the serger- after that the dress form.

• Missing

Dec 2, 2011, 04.13 PMby just-duckee

Oh wow! I would so like to have these books. Guess I’ll just have to purchase them if I don’t win.

• Missing

Dec 3, 2011, 04.46 PMby katc

I want a dress tht is a classic with maybe a tricky (but not too revealing) a neckline, since we’ll have an expert helping us. An A line or gored skirt. I am a larger lady and there is SO little for us. I make my own clothes so I can get colors, fabrics (natural fibers) and a decent fit. There are plenty of us out there who want good clothes that will be wearable season after season.

1 Reply
    • Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 05.11 PMby Tricia Forbes

I have odd proportions and would love to have something moderately easy, flattering and has potential for versatility.

• Missing

Dec 6, 2011, 11.57 PMby jumpingranny

I would love to win, Burdastyle and a great machine. What I could sew!!

• Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 05.09 PMby Tricia Forbes

Burdastyle what an awesome Christmas the winners will have. I personally would love the serger and dressform to help me continue my new found love. I just started a few months after my daughter was born this year and the serger alone would be immensely useful and beneficial for most projects upcoming. The dressform is for my sister & mom as I would like to give back to them, to be able to make them dresses and skirts as continued thanks for the immeasurable help they have been throughout my life and especially now with my daughter while Daddy is away serving in Afghanistan.

May you all have a blessed and momentously joyous holiday and upcoming new year.

• Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 05.35 PMby Susan Blumenshein

LOVE 2 SEW!!! Went to U. of I. in the early 70’; and made all my clothes, including formals, on my little black Singer Featherweight. Went on to teach Home Ec for 32 years and shared my love of sewing with a zillion kids. Now I am into easy quilting and making home projects. I go back and forth between my 32 year old Pfaff 1027 and my 10 year old Quilter’s Dream from Elna. Taught my daughter to sew as my mother taught me at about 8 yrs. old. I STRONGLY encourage everyone to pass on this timeless art!!!

• Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 09.33 PMby greatchoice

My first experience sewing was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I’d make (or atleast attempt to) doll clothes, and most of the time I could not get the clothes on the doll, and have to remove the arms, put the garment on the doll, then put the arms back in. During Jr. and Sr. High school I learned so much and made most of my clothes. Since then I have continued to sew, and make many garments for myself, and my children, many accessories, and home decor items. Having received my Trained Sewing Instructor Certification I have been providing sewing instruction and truly enjoy teaching others how to sew.

• Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 09.33 PMby misterfrost

I’m a complete newbie but love the whole process of creating something unique! I am mostly sewing costumes for Asian Ball Jointed Dolls (hand made resin dolls from mostly Korea and China). They’re particularly challenging since you have to size the patterns down for something that stands 65cm tall.

• Missing

Dec 13, 2011, 10.17 PMby Mary1947

I love BurdaStyle. I’m reintroducing myself after a long absence. I knitted only for many years. I started to use my sewing machine again last year. I bought a new machine last year. And in the past 2 months have purchased2 vintage machines.

I found BurdaStyle by a lucky accident!

• Missing

Dec 14, 2011, 02.03 AMby venusian

I use to make Barbie doll clothes when I was a kid. I’d create dresses useing old " Easter frilly socks". I graduated in 2009 from fashion school, Now I’m working on my first collection of dresses. I would love to win that Serger machine gotta make my collection look extra professional=D

• Missing

Dec 14, 2011, 03.38 AMby sewgoes

I was in my 1st High School Coronation in 10th grade 1972 & my mom had someone make my dress that cost $50. After that she said if I was going to be in the events I would have to learn to sew, as we could not afford this. That is when I taught myself to sew & made myself & many other dresses for Coronation, Weddings, Casual Ware, & lots of things for my grandkids. I have been sewing for about 39 years. I would love to have the Serger. Thanks

• Missing

Dec 14, 2011, 05.09 AMby anamaria626

love this site, my grandmother used lot of the info years ago when “The Burda” magazine was the unique thing at home, i loved looking at the fashion pics as a child and now as an adult i truly love ALL the info on line, good luck to all of us……Burda you are the BEST!!!

• Missing

Dec 14, 2011, 05.28 AMby sewren10

I began to sew doll clothes when I was about 6 years old having watched my grandmother sewing. Mom and Grandmom made their clothes by copying ready made clothing and using newspaper to make patterns. I love sewing and everything about sewing and I am still learning. I own a brother sewing machine and would love to have a serger!!!

• Missing

Dec 14, 2011, 06.13 AMby delacyl

My first sewing project was a dress for my Raggedy Ann doll. My sister was taking sewing at her middle-school, and I wanted to do it, too. My mom helped me practice on scraps of fabric before I started the dress. I remember the fabric was cotton flannel, and it had a Raggedy Ann & Andy print on it. Flash forward 45 years, and I’m sewing christmas gifts for family and friends. I’d love to make t-shirts with a serger! Love the site; it inspires me to keep trying new things.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/contests-and-competitions--2/topics/holiday-giveaway-2010-official-rules--2?page=3