The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Correction on the Textile Museum’s yard sale-it is on the LAST weekend of May (not part…
fechangku . This is a member who has spammed right across the blog in the last 24 hours…
Besides visiting fabric stores to see if there are postings of sewing groups, see if th…
I’ve found that if you go to www.burdastyle.co.uk you can download the instructions. I …
What do you think of these summery styles?
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our wrapped and pleated mini skirt
Check out the debut of this lovely designer style pattern with angular pleats
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 1
Dreamy dresses, floral prints, and cute spring tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.