The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
7 Posts Sign in to add a post
yes i agree i bought a few baby patterns but non of them are in english. which i was no…
You are right, it’s not working fine !!!
Hi there! I just posted the same question as I could not figure out how the collar went…
Oh my goodness, it looks like a great job so far! I am thinking of making my own weddi…
I have a question, if the pattern is cut on the fold what difference does it make if yo…