The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Thank you, that is good advise.
I use patterns, but it is difficult for me to find s…
Hi there I’m a teacher/fashion designer bespoke womenswear and accessories designer.
I do have this tool : http://www.amazon.ca/Designer-Curve-Aluminu…
You’re going to love it!
My studio is filled with so many tools and gadgets I’ve col…
:-) Thank’s for the information, I have one but didn’t use it yet.
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Live in Fort Collins, Colorado and love sewing? Find out more about this great opportunity!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.