The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Some patterns will only be in German and good thing that Google Translate is around or …
This is the member who keeps spamming new BurdaStyle posts. http://www.burdastyle.com/p…
They are in ‘projects with a pattern’. If you want just members patterns, select by ’me…
Always go by the persons meaurements. Sizes can differ from company to company. Glad yo…
Thank you for the tips! I think what I will do, is do a quick mock up of the pattern in…
Fashion & Trends
Steal Cameron Diaz's effortless California girl look.
See all entries and vote.
Comment To Win
An amazing opportunity to win in the latest issue of BurdaStyle US!
Head back to school in skirts, dresses and jackets inspired by the football field and soda fountain.
Fashion & Trends
Celebrity style inspiration for sewing collared dresses and blouses!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.