The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
I have just launched a maternity pdf pattern range on my site www.tsurahdesigns.com
Unfortunately you simply can’t make woolly threads work in the needle of any sewing mac…
If you do want soft gathering a good trick is to zig zag over a thread that you then pu…
I hope BurdaStyle will solve the problem with the activities from friends soon…! I ha…
The same with me. That’s annoying… when you log in, you have X activities, then you c…
See how Burda members are styling pants for summer.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up
See how one of our editors gets her inspiration.
Take off with pleats, cut-outs, insets, and futuristic prints.
Fashion & Trends
The best patterns and styling tips for this summer's top pants trend.
Pattern of the Week
A tank silhouette with elasticated waist is a carefree take on the Little Black Dress
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.