The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Before long things, but unfortunately did not catch
Interesting debate, as someone who also makes clothes to sell I’ve heard good points ra…
This blasted pink bar just won’t go away! Success in posting a couple of projects, the…
Having the same problem (again) on a tablet. :( The problem seems to come and go, mana…
Pink bar for me. Restarted posting the new project (copied and pasted my three paragrap…
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
This week’s new BurdaStyle Videos release is "Sewing a Thread-Chain Belt Loop." Check it out!
Comment to Win
Tell us what's on your wishlist to win this exciting software package!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.