The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Check out this page with all the sizes/sizing charts. At the top of each pdf, you will…
It’s true that measurements would be best, but how kind of you to make someone a gift! …
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by triangles bumping out at every seam? Do y…
What puzzles me to this day is who (which manufacturor) first named this particular fa…
thanks for this blog
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.