The BurdaStyle Talent Search 2011 Script
Look into the camera while speaking and follow the script in a conversational, friendly way. We are using the Serge the Charlie Bag tutorial. You can serge or zig zag stitch your bag, depending on what’s available to you. Please note, you should put your personal touch on the script and it does not have to be word for word. Good luck!
Please begin by introducing yourself with the following information:
Your name, your BurdaStyle name, where you live, your occupation, and how long you have been sewing.
Then, proceed with the script:
1. I am going to show you how to make the very popular Charlie bag in seven simple steps.
2. At this point I have already cut out my 2 pieces for the bag. You can use a serger or a zig zag stitch for making this bag. I am going to use a _______.
3. First, sew the short ends of pouch. Fold, right sides facing, the short flap goes in between the two longer sides. Sew the pouch seams at 5/8 inch.
4. Now, serge or overlock all handle edges at 5/8 inch.
5. Sew handle tops together. Note that the handles of one side attach to eachother, not to the opposite side. Pinning before sewing can help you preview and make sure you are sewing the right sides together.
6. Sew the side seams at 5/8 inch.
7. Fold the bottom seam at the notches and sew at 5/8 inch.
8. Voila! You’ve got yourself a Charlie Bag!
The Charlie Reusable Grocery Bag pattern is free and available here
Im soo sad, that we are that far away :(
Thanks :) Beautyfull patterns :)
Most of the times, you’ll want a taffeta or satin for the underlay dress fabric and the…
Yes great site.
I love the Silverado, it’s fantastic basic corset!
Hell Rena. Darts exist to give the flat fabric some 3D shaping. The main darts used are…
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Fashion & Trends
Three takes on how to wear a menswear essential.
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
Meet the colorful designer behind our upcoming fashion design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.