2012 Hoffman Challenge

Click on the title above for information about the fabric, requirements, rules, entry forms, and prizes for 2012 Hoffman Challenge.

I did not see anywhere in the rules where it was limited to the United States only, so I have sent a email to see if it is open worldwide. I will post as soon as I hear back from them.

For 2012, there will be seven categories:

Pieced Quilts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention, Curator’s Choice, Best Hand Workmanship, Best Machine Workmanship, and Best 1st Time Entry.

Appliquéd Quilts: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention, Curator’s Choice, Best Hand Workmanship, Best Machine Workmanship, and Best 1st Time Entry.

Mixed Technique (Pieced and Appliquéd Quilts): 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention, Curator’s Choice, Best Hand Workmanship, Best Machine Workmanship, and Best 1st Time Entry.

Dolls: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention, Curator’s Choice, Best First Time Entry, Most Humorous, Best Incorporation of Theme.

Clothing: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention, and Curator’s Choice.

Accessories: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention, and Curator’s Choice.

Youth: Note: This is a non-competitive category and all of the entries will be returned by the end of September 2012.

Cash and fabric awards are all provided by Hoffman Fabrics
The awards for Quilts, Dolls, and Clothing categories are:
First Place: $500 plus $250 worth of Sulky products
Second Place: $300 plus $150 worth of Sulky products
Third Place: $150 plus $75 worth of Sulky products
Honorable Mention: Hoffman Fabric Award
Curator’s Choice: Hoffman Fabric Award
Best Hand Workmanship: $300
Best Machine Workmanship: $300
Best First Time Entry, Most Humorous (Doll), and Best Incorporation of Theme (Doll): Hoffman Fabric Award

The award packages for Accessories category:
First Place: $250 plus $125 worth of Sulky products
Second Place: $150 plus $75 worth of Sulky products
Third Place: $75 plus $35 worth of Sulky Products
Honorable Mention: Hoffman Fabric Award
Curator’s Choice: Hoffman Fabric Award

Img_0333_large

2 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Img_0333_large

Apr 29, 2012, 08.08 AMby sew4my3

The deadline for entries is July 20th, 2012.

Good luck!

• Img_0333_large

May 2, 2012, 01.00 PMby sew4my3

Here is the response from the email I sent about where the contest is valid:

We have entries from all over the world. I would love to receive more from overseas, but I realize the expense of shipping internationally. Take care, Julie

So….. it is available internationally!

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/contests-and-competitions--2/topics/2012-hoffman-challenge--2