As you probably know from previous discussions, the rating-system is a source of joy as well as grief and disappointment among the members who post projects here.

I’ve understood that the team wants to keep the ratings (through the massive silence surrounding the subject), which is fine and your choice, obviously, but PLEASE correct the way ratings are calculated!

If you’ve taken any math studies at all you’ll know that 4+5=4,5 which will – by mathematical laws – be abbreviated to 5, NOT 4.

Except for here, that is.

It even seems like 4 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 4, at least in the ratings at Burdastyle.

If it was the other way around (that projects got too high ratings due to miscalculations) it’d be fine, then it would be encouraging people to sew more, but the way it is now it’s not ok.

You make people sad, and those of us who like to show appreciation through the ratings rather than discouragement give ratings to no avail, they disappear underneath a few low ratings no matter how many of us give top marks.

So, please, please, please, correct this, or change the system to a simple thumbs up/thumbs down.

Vatten_large

5 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Vatten_large

Jun 20, 2011, 02.59 PMby ichigogirl

Hehe, and to clarify, naturally I meant (4+5)/2=4,5, and (4+5+5+5)/4=4 (or not quite, more like 4.75).

Seems I’m not very good at maths either ;-)

• 2248651388_b7dff371cd_large

Jun 22, 2011, 03.55 PMby victors

I don’t know why the rating feature was ever introduced. it seems a silly thing to have when there are so many levels of skills at work (or play) on the site. I think the idea/system just needs to vanish. How would people feel to recieve a thumbs down? it’d be the same as a low rating surely. If I like something I favourite it, or leave a comment. I never rate as I don’t think it’s my place to do so.

1 Reply
    • Vatten_large

Jun 22, 2011, 10.26 PMby ichigogirl

Hm, I actually agree with the thumbs down. I would like thumbs up though!
      I only hand out 5’s, somtimes if I think the projects are rated way too low, sometimes if I really like them.
      But I strongly dislike that the ratings on the projects look a lot lower than they actually are. Very strange and very unnecessary!

• Psheadshot_large

Jun 23, 2011, 01.34 PMby oonaballoona

ichigogirl, (crazy math skillz of course being correct), as this site is meant to inspire, i think the most important thing you said was:

“You make people sad.”

• Psheadshot_large

Jun 23, 2011, 01.34 PMby oonaballoona

(not you, naturally. the $%@! ratings.)

1 Reply
  • Vatten_large

Jul 3, 2011, 11.05 AMby ichigogirl

I just rated a project that had one 4-vote with a 5. Result? It’s still a 4, of course.

The low ratings stick no matter how many high votes we give projects, PLEASE Burdastyle correct this or AT LEAST give us some feedback as to why you don’t want to do anything about it?

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/bug-tracking/topics/454-burdastyle-learn-your-maths--2