Learn how to make your own vintage/retro look dress in Monday’s web seminar, Pattern Drafting – How to Draft a Bodice and Skirt Pattern, presented by BurdaStyle featured member Papermothballvintage. Click here to register!
Monday’s web seminar presenter, Laura Okita, is a vintage fashion designer, stylist, and blogger at Paper Mothball Vintage. We’re so excited to have her in our web seminar series!
Laura will present pattern drafting foundations – darts, pleats, gathers, and neck/hemlines – and demonstrate how to apply them to a range of options that will give you the foundation to draft your own patterns for a bodice and skirt pattern. Click here to register for Monday’s live web seminar at 11am EST (4pm GMT).
What You’ll Learn:
- How to draft a bodice pattern
- How to move and split bust darts
- How to draft a princess style line
- Removing darts, adding flair or fullness
- Adding bodice pleats and gathers
- Adding a waistline and cropping
- Neckline styles and yokes
- How to draft a skirt pattern
- How to draft gores, godets, pleats, and kick pleats, as well as skirt fullness and flair
- Drafting circle skirts and peplums
- Considering fabrics with prints when drafting darts and style lines
This web seminar is going to be PACKED with useful how-to’s! Click here to register!
Who Should Attend:
- Beginner sewers looking to understand pattern composition
- Intermediate sewers interested in challenging their pattern skills
- Advanced sewers who would like to broaden their pattern drafting knowledge
- Anyone interested in designing their own garments
Have a question about a specific technique? There will be a Q&A session at the end of the web seminar where you can ask Laura any questions you have, and no question goes unanswered!
Can’t attend the live web seminar? Everyone who registers will receive a recording of the event in next Thursday’s thank-you email, along any downloads or resources referenced during the web seminar, and will have the ability to ask any follow-up questions via email.
Hope to see you all there!