Do you love the thought of sewing knits but with every attempt get less than subpar results? Maybe you’re a frequent knit sewer but limit or refrain from using knits because you don’t feel as comfortable with sewing them.
Whatever the reason for your reservation, this web seminar is here to help!
Victoria Baylor, blogger behind Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing is back this week, presenting Thursday’s live web Seminar, Knit Picky: How to Properly Select and Sew Knit Fabrics to Get Superb Results. This Thursday, Victoria will guide us through the challenges of her favorite fabric – knits! She has some great tips and tricks for anyone who wants to feel perfectly comfortable sewing with knits.
Can’t attend? No problem, each registrant receives a recording of the event.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to convert a pattern for a woven fabric for use with a knit.
- How to stabilize and control knit stretchiness through the use of elastic and interfacing.
- Learn the difference between 2 way and 4 way stretch knits.
- Simple and effective sewing and finishing techniques
- How to make adjustments to the knit to get desired results
- How to select the right knit for the right project.
- How incorrect knit choices affect your pattern/garment results.
- How to interpret and translate knit characteristics to that to your pattern
Have a question about a specific technique? There will be a Q&A session at the end of the web seminar where you can ask Victoria any questions you have, and no question goes unanswered!
Can’t attend the live web seminar? Everyone who registers will receive a recording of the event, any downloads or resources referenced during the web seminar, and will have the ability to ask any follow-up questions.
Hope to see you all there!