If you love sewing and are eager to pass your skills on to other then Monday’s Web Seminar is PERFECT for you! Sign up here for Monday’s Web Seminar!
Do you love to sew? Have you dreamed of quitting your “day job” and generating an income from your passion? If you are not sure exactly where to start, but love people + sewing, teaching others to sew may be a good first step along your sewing business journey.
Teaching sewing can take many forms; private instruction, semi-private lessons, group classes, kids sewing camps, and more. Your home may be the appropriate location, or perhaps you would prefer to start in a local fabric shop. Online instruction or developing curriculum material may be the ticket for you. Learn more about possible instructional formats and delivery systems that fit best with your personality and lifestyle.
Promoting your new business is critical to financial success. The basics of setting up a web site plus using social media and other tools to help your prospective students find you will be covered during this session. Not sure you have everything it takes to be a small business owner? Decide which functions or tasks you may want to delegate to others while you concentrate on teaching.
What you’ll learn:
- What skills or attributes are helpful when teaching sewing as a business
- What to consider in setting up your business structure
- How to construct private lesson sessions
- How to construct semi-private lesson sessions
- How to construct a “sew camp” for a group of kids
- How to approach a local business to offer your skills as an instructor
- How to promote your new business using a web site
- How to use social media tools to promote your new business
Who Should Attend:
- Experienced sewists with a fairly broad range of sewing skills
- People who love working with others
- Sewists who want more information about whether starting a sewing business is right for them
- Sewists who want to learn more about whether teaching sewing is a good choice for them
- Current sewing teachers who want ideas on how to expand their business
This web seminar is for experienced sewists who are comfortable presenting information, and are considering transforming their love of sewing into a business.
Don’t miss out on turning your passion into a profit! Sign up here for Monday’s Web Seminar!