Do you love those stylish Motocycle Jackets being worn? Have a slight phobia in trying to sew one alone? Scared of sewing silk because of horror stories? The key to a perfectly fitting jacket is to make sure you follow patterns to your liking instead of having the terror of a million alterations after you have completed the piece.
If you’re in love with the Silk Motorcycle Jacket, but unsure on the easiest way to attack the project this sew along is for you! Learn step-by-step on how to construct and alter to your liking the style of this Silk Motorcycle Jacket. Learn how to compare measurements on your body with those of the pattern and make the necessary alterations. See how easily it is to download the pattern and sew in a coordinated way that will leave you with a professional made jacket. Ready for spring or summer.
This in depth course is for advanced seamstresses comfortable with garment sewing! This Sew Along will teach detailed step by step instruction with Videos and outline of how to carefully craft the jacket.
The PDF Pattern of the Silk Motorcycle Jacket is included with purchase of this Course.
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Duration: 4 weeks
Start Date: May 31st
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to compare your body measurement to the patterns
- How to organize the pattern
- How to easily work with Silk fabrics
- How to add professional elements such as top stitch, zippers and pockets
- How to sew step by step and shortcuts that saves you time
- How to make a durable long lasting jacket
- How to modify the pattern with different types of light weight jacket fabrics
YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE IF:
- You are looking to learn the easiest and most efficient way to sew a jacket
- You want to learn in depth about patterns
- You are wanting to learn about different stitches and finishes
- You are looking for resources on where to buy certain notions
- You want to learn how to sew different notions
- You want to challenge themselves working with silk
About Alicia Sanchez
Alicia Sanchez is the designer of Favala Designs. Her line is fresh and hip with many inspirations taken from all spectrums of fashion- from funk to street to Caribbean flavors. Favala Designs has been featured in various international fashion weeks including but not Limited to Dominican Republic Fashion Week , NYC Fashion Week , DC Fashion Week , Trinidad & Tobago Fashion Week and sold through sectors of privatized wholesale and retail markets within the US and Caribbean.
Alicia also focuses her time with helping emerging designers and retail owners through a vast majority of marketing, branding methods to spice up different aspects of their collections or gaining new customers through. “Fashion Designer Business Academy” Her education has focused on Fashion Merchandising and Business Marketing with a concentration of an MBA in International Business. Member of National Association of Professional Women. She has trained with elite professionals that worked with brands such as Oscar De La Renta , Carolina Herrera and leading fashion forecasted companies in NYC in addition to consulting fashion trends for Major Networks such as Univision ,Pabanor Music Works , Revelation Films Studios ,and Tradewind Films . She is the ultimate Designer Sourcing liaison for South America & Caribbean Markets; Curator of Blog City, a bloggers private network and Owner of La Sewing Café a Kids Fashion Design and Sewing School located in Delray Beach. Lastly, author of the book; Climbing The Fence: A Journey of Traveling Words Book : “Climbing The Fence: A Journey of Traveling Words”