During this web seminar you learn to grade Plus Sizes to paper patterns! Read more here!
For most sewers you can’t own enough sewing patterns. And so many of our favorite vintage or current commercial patterns just aren’t the right size, and in fact much too small! Pattern grading is the process of increasing and decreasing a the size of pattern. The purpose of grading is provide good fit without changing the balance and proportion of a design.
This web seminar will provide you with the information and skills to transform paper patterns into plus sizes that really fit.
What you will learn:
- How to measure your current pattern
- Calculating the amount needed to be graded to meet your personal measurements
- How to use a clear ruler 2” x 18” or 24” to measure and grade
- Cardinal Points and Pattern Orientation
- Developing Grade rules
- Blending marked lines
- Checking seam lengths and notches
Who should attend:
- Sewers wanting to expand patternmaking knowledge
- Sewers who want to recreate an existing pattern in to larger sizes
- Sewers who want to become better aquinated with the ruler method of grading
- Sewers who want to learn variations in grade rules
- Sewers who want to develop stronger skills using the Clear Ruler
This web seminar is designed for sewers who have experience working with sewing patterns and some background in using measuring equipment.