Patternmaking can seem daunting at first, but once you learn the basics you’ll be well on your way to creating your own patterns from scratch. Read more here!
In this webinar, Alana Walsh will teach you how to draft a number of different skirt styles with the BurdaStyle Skirt Sloper. This web seminar is best suited to sewers who are comfortable reading patterns and have a basic understanding of clothing construction. With purchase of this web seminar, you will also receive the BurdaStyle Skirt Sloper, which you will receive in the thank-you email sent out after the live event.
Every pattern available on BurdaStyle was originally drafted using a sloper… so you can see the creative potential
What you will learn:
- How to draft an A-line, flared and wrap skirt
- How to add gathers, ruching and pleats to a pattern
- Modifying a skirt for a higher or lower waist
- How to draft a skirt waistband
- How to add pockets to your patterns
Who should attend:
- Anyone wanting to learn how to make their own patterns
- Those with a basic understanding of patterns and sewing
- Anyone interested in learning how to use the BurdaStyle Skirt Sloper
- Sewers who want to learn variations in grade rules
- Sewers who want to develop stronger skills using the Clear Ruler
If you’re new to the concept of slopers, a sloper is a special pattern that fashion designers use as a base to create patterns for their own custom designs