No more guessing! In this week’s new BurdaStyle Video, learn how to properly lay out your pattern!
In this video, Denise Wild demonstrates how to follow your sewing pattern and position the pieces correctly on your fabric before cutting. You’ll go through every step, from reading the pattern to placing, measuring, pinning, and cutting. Follow these steps to cut out perfect and accurate patterns every time.
You’ll love this video if:
- You’re new to working with patterns
- You’re unsure about following grainlines
- You want to avoid complications while sewing
Techniques Demonstrated in the Video:
- How to position your fabric
- How to determine the grainline
- Cutting on the bias
- Where to find useful information on each pattern piece
- Pinning the pattern to fabric securely
Tools used in this video:
- Paper pattern pieces
A note from the presenter:
“Positioning pattern pieces correctly is a critical step for successful sewing. Even one pattern piece cut off-grain can create a garment that does not fit well or fall nicely. Knowing how to read your pattern and follow the grainlines is an invaluable sewing skill for garment sewing. ” – Denise Wild