Click here to check out our newest video. In this video, Meg Healy shows you how to draft various facings on your pattern. Whether you want to face just the neckline, armhole, or all in one, facings give your garment a clean and virtually invisible finish on your hems.
Meg will also demonstrate how to eliminate darts when drafting your facing. These helpful techniques will come in handy if you want to use one pattern for different style garments.
What You’ll Learn in This Video Tutorial:
- How to draft and trace off an armhole facing with a clear gridded ruler
- How to add seam allowance to your facing
- How to eliminate the shoulder seam in your facing
- How to draft and trace off a combined neckline armhole facing
- How to eliminate a dart while drafting and tracing off a facing
With new videos added weekly from your favorite BurdaStyle editors, BurdaStyle Videos has all the sewing, fashion, and DIY inspiration and instruction you’ll ever need.
BurdaStyle Videos offers access to a library of high quality instructional sewing videos, starting as low as $19.99 a month for everything from fundamentals to advanced tutorials and techniques. You can stream the videos on your PC or Mac computer, or take it on the go with the latest generation iPhone, Kindle Fire, iPod Touch and iPad. You can even watch BurdaStyle videos on your living room TV, from an iPhone or iPad with AirPlay & the latest AppleTV!