DEADLINE EXTENDED: Enter by May 22 11:59 EST. We have an exciting new contest series for our members to participate in, and it is open to everyone! As you may or or may not know we are starting to release these exclusive new designer-esque patterns previously only available in older issues of the German edition of burda style magazine. These patterns only have a sketch as the pattern’s preview image, and this is where we NEED YOUR HELP!
So what we need from our talented member sewers is to make this dress pattern, photograph it, and upload to BurdaStyle.com. Then if YOUR dress project is chosen, YOU get to be the face of this BurdaStyle.com exclusive pattern! Your dress will appear as the main image for the pattern in our pattern store and we will link to your member profile in the pattern description. Inspire other members to make this pattern as well!
Here is a link to this cute dress pattern perfect for this time of year. For the contest YOU get to determine the fabric and color/prints you want to use… it is like you are the designer.
- This contest is open to ALL our members!
- Contestant will be required to purchase the pattern from our pattern store link here
- Member will sew the dress with no outer construction changes (removing / add seamlines etc.)
- Member will photograph the dress project and upload to our projects page with Member Model Challenge somewhere in the title and linking to the Pleated Designer Dress pattern
- The top THREE dress projects chosen by the BurdaStyle.com team will be put in a contest gallery to be voted on BY YOU!
Get creative BurdaStylers, and start your sewing machines!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: enter by Thursday May 22nd 11:59 PM EST.
In order to be considered for the contest you will need to upload your project by Thursday May 22nd 11:59 PM EST. On Friday May 23th the BurdaStyle.com team will determine the top three dress projects and they will be up for YOU to vote on. Voting will close Wednesday May 28th at 11:59 PM EST and the winner will be announced Thursday May 29th and their dress photography will be uploaded as the main image for the pattern.
We will be looking for dresses that have good photography / styling, quality construction, and best choice of fabric. Don’t be afraid to panel fabrics and prints and add embellishments too!
Another thing to remember we will be holding this contest for ALL our designer style patterns, so there will be more to come and more chances to be the face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.