From leather to studs to ripped up denim, this web seminar contains everything you need to know about sewing and embellishing alternative fashion! Sign up here!
Whether you’re a seasoned pro who wants to try your hand at sewing leather or a total beginner looking for cool ideas for customizing ready-to-wear, this web seminar has a little something to satisfy everyone’s inner rock star.
Learn effective techniques for working with leather, one of the most challenging textiles to sew but essential in conveying an alternative aesthetic. You can bring some old clothes back to life by applying studs, snaps and grommets with ease and embellish with freehand embroidery executed on your domestic sewing machine. Glamorously grunge out your wardrobe the right way and save yourself from damaging fabric!
What you will learn:
- How to effectively cut and sew leather, suede and vinyl.
- How to adjust your machine to accommodate leather, suede and vinyl.
- How to effectively install studs, spikes, grommets, and snaps.
- How to freehand embroider on a domestic sewing machine.
- How to distress denim using bleach.
- How to distress denim without compromising the lifespan of the fabric.
- Effective methods of installing garment embellishments like studs, spikes, grommets and snaps, as well as embellishing with free hand embroidery on a domestic sewing machine.
Who should attend:
- Sewers needing tips on working with leather
- People wanting demonstration on installing garment hardware.
- Sewers interested in learning how to freehand embroider on their sewing machine.
- People wanting demonstration on properly distressing denim
- Sewers seeking embellishment ideas for an easy project.
- Sewers wishing to know more about their sewing machine settings.
- People interested in alternative fashion
- This web seminar contains information appropriate for sewers of all skill levels. It is recommended you have intermediate sewing experience before attempting any leather, suede or vinyl projects.